Multiple Choice Questions and Answers On Basic Genetics in Zoology for Undergraduate Program for Online Exam Preparation
MCQs on Genetics
1. Polydactylous condition in human is the example of……….. ?
A. Complete penetrance
B. Incomplete penetrance
D. Both a and b
2. Difference in severity of symptoms of an inheritable allergy is due to?
D. Any of these
3. Piebald spotting in dog’s coat is determined by…………gene ?
C. Both a and b
D. Heterozygosity of Sp
4. A polydactylous person has ?
A. Four fingers in hands
B. Six fingers in feet
C. Six fingers in hands
D. Both b and c
5. The technical term for clumping of red blood cell is ?
6. The alleles that are assigned the lower case letter with some suitable superscript are ?
C. Inter maculate
7. Multiple alleles of a series occupy ——–locus in chromosomes ?
D. Any locus
8. When any two of the mutant multiple alleles are crossed the phenotype is ?
A. Many type
B. Wild type
C. One specific type
D. Any type
9. Multiple alleles always influence ?
A. Same character
B. Different character
D. Multiple characters
10. The production of Rh factor depends on —- ?
A. Autosomal genes
B. Sex linked genes
C, Recessive genes
D. All of these
11. Genotype of the blood group with phenotype O is —- ?
12. According to Wiener’s hypothesis gene R contains ?
A, 5 Alleles
B. 6 Alleles
C. 2 Alleles
D. 8 Alleles
13. To determine the blood group types of different persons ____________ is performed ?
A. CBC test
B. C reactive protein test
C. Dimer test
D. Agglutination test
14. Rh factor was discovered in ?
15. Rh factor was first discovered in ?
A. Rhesus monkeys
D. all of these
16. Infant with erythroblastosis fetalis, show the symptoms of ?
B. large eyes
17. The phenotypes of heterozygotes are found to be different from either of the homozygotes ?
18. If genotype of a person is LM LN and his phenotype results as “MN” then it would be ?
A. Multiple allele variations
B. Over dominance
C. Co dominance
D. None of the above
19. People of LM LN genotype, governing by Co-dominant allele have ?
A. No antigen
A. Both antibodies
B. Both antigen
C. No antibodies
20. Which of the following would cause phenotypic variation among organisms of the same genotype?
A. Continuous variation within the species
B. Different varieties of the same species
C. Different sexes
D. Exposure to different environments